P2 Week is Sept. 21-27. To celebrate, EPA will be hosting a series of webinars. Attend and learn from EPA P2 Grantees, hear industry success stories, lessons learned, participate in training, or learn more about EPA’s Green Chemistry Awards Program.
You can register for each webinar separately at the links below.
Celebrate P2 Week and 30 years of Milestones: People, Prosperity, Planet…the Journey to Sustainability
Date and Time: Tues., Sept. 22, 12:30 – 2:00 pm CST
Join the National Pollution Prevention Roundtable (NPPR) and EPA Region 4 as we celebrate 30 years of the P2 Act, 35 years of NPPR, and 50 years of the EPA!
- Definition and impact of P2
- A brief discussion of the evolution of P2, including federal P2 legislation in 1990, EPA programs that advance P2 principles and foster implementation, P2 in today’s world, and where EPA’s P2 program is headed in the future
- Brief history of NPPR’s origins and how it currently supports P2 work being done at the local, state, and national level
- Announcement of NPPR’s 2020 MVP2 Award Winners
- Launch of NPPR's P2U Training Series, a collaborative effort between NPPR and EPA Region 4 that supports networking and professional development for P2 practitioners.
Western New York Sustainable Business Roundtable Summit (2 afternoons)
Dates and Time: Wed., Sept. 22 and 23, 1:00 – 4:00 pm CST
The Western New York Sustainable Business Roundtable is a collaborative group of public and private sector organizations in Western New York that works together to help businesses take a lead in integrating sustainability into their operations to benefit staff, the environment, and their bottom line. The Summit Reimagined will focus on four great keynote panels with great speakers from Tesla, Seventh Generation, Rich’s, Moog, Linde, Tapecon and beyond. The WNYSBR has provided additional supporting information through a recent press release.
P2 Virtual Assessment Training
Date and Time: Wed., Sept. 23, 2:00 - 3:00 pm CST
In celebration of EPA’s Pollution Prevention Act 30th Anniversary, EPA Region 6 will be hosting a Live Virtual P2 Assessment Training. The webinar will consist of a variety of P2 methods and tools utilized by three different state P2 technical assistance providers and grantees focusing on the areas of Lean waste, energy waste, hazardous waste, and sustainability. Please join us and learn an innovative, fully remote site assessment approach to P2 technical assistance!
- Liz Shepherd, Life City, L3C
- Kurt Middlekoop, TMAC, University of Texas at Arlington
- Jalal Rastegary, New Mexico State University
Green Chemistry Challenge Awards Webinar
Date and Time: Wed., Sept. 23, 12:00 - 1:30 pm CST
The Green Chemistry Challenge Awards will be hosting a how-to webinar for those interested in applying for this prestigious award. This free webinar presentation will cover award eligibility, the application process, and evaluation criteria. There will also be time for questions from the webinar participants.