The small business branch of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is partnering with the National Small Business Environmental Assistance Program to host virtual training sessions Sept. 8 -11, 2020, daily from 12 p.m.to 3:00 p.m. The agenda will include a variety of EPA experts and technical topics including the following:
- EPA deputy administrator, Doug Benevento — welcome
- EPA’s Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization — updates
- EPA’s Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance — new compliance initiatives
- EPA’s new Learning Management System — introduced
- EPA’s Office of Air Quality and Planning Standards — updates on new initiatives
- State Small Business Environmental Assistance Program representatives — variety of topics including assistance during COVID, annual report review and virtual resources for 2021 and beyond
Representatives from small businesses with air permits, and environmental compliance and pollution prevention technical experts as regulators are expected to join the event. EPA is providing registration at no cost but participants will be required to pre-register. Registration will open in late July and updates will be posted on the Annual Training webpage.