The Idling Reduction Workshop (June 24, 2010 in Mission, Kansas) was an opportunity for companies, fleets, and drivers of heavy duty diesel vehicles (14,001 pounds or more) to learn about the upcoming Kansas idling rule which will affect Johnson and Wyandotte Counties. The Kansas Small Business Environmental Assistance Program (SBEAP) hosted the event in conjunction with the Kansas Department of Health and Environment's Bureau of Air and other local agencies and organizations.
- Kansas City and air quality (Mike Boothe, Johnson County Environmental Department
- Idling reduction rule (Miles Stotts, KDHE)
- Idling reduction strategies (Amanda Graor, Mid-America Regional Council)
- Bestmark Express, Inc. case study (Matthew Miller, Bestmark Express, Inc.)
- Great Plains Trucking, Inc. case study (Sherwin Fast, Great Plains Trucking, Inc.)
- Funding opportunities (Doug Watson, KDHE)
For additional questions or comments, contact Ryan Hamel at 800-578-8898.
Paid for in part by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.