2011 Idling Reduction workshop
The Idling Reduction workshop (March 23, 2011 in Kansas City, Kansas) was an opportunity for those involved with heavy duty diesel vehicles (14,001 pounds or more) to learn about the upcoming Kansas idling rule which will affect Johnson and Wyandotte Counties. The Kansas Small Business Environmental Assistance Program (SBEAP) hosted the event in conjunction with the Kansas Department of Health and Environment's Bureau of Air and other local agencies and organizations.
- Air Quality in Kansas City (Brook Rentz, Unified Government - Wyandotte County)
- Idling reduction rule (Miles Stotts, KDHE Bureau of Air)
- Idling reduction rule for Johnson Co. unincorporated areas (Jennifer Logan, Johnson Co. Env. Dept)
- Kansas Clean Diesel Program - project overview (Jeff Green, Butler Transport)
- Technologies to reduce idling (Paul Baczewski, Webasto)
- Idle reduction programs and resource (Doug Norsby, Mid-America Regional Council)
- Funding opportunities (Joyce Barrett, KDHE Bureau of Air)
Event paid for in part by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.