Webinar description: This webinar highlighted two small Midwestern communities who have begun implementing green infrastructure (low impact development) projects. The speakers addressed the following topics:
- Why should a small, rural community implement green infrastructure practices?
- How were project(s) funded/implemented?
- Were there cost savings or other benefits?
- Were local ordinances a consideration before or after your project?
- What lessons were learned? What advice do you have for other communities?
- David Shelton; University of Nebraska, Professor in Bio. Systems Engineering and Extension Ag. Engineer (Wayne, NE)
- Matt Durand; Stormwater Manager (Owatonna, MN)
- Going Green in Wayne, NE - David Shelton [PDF]
- Green Infrastructure in Rural Southern Minnesota (City of Owatonna) - Matt Durand [PDF]
Webinar: Green Infrastructure for Small, Rural Communities from PPI/SBEAP on Vimeo.