EPA P2 Resources for Business
America Recycles Day: Nov. 15, 2021
Although recycling is not pollution prevention or source reduction by definition under the Pollution Prevention Act, it is an important aspect of sustainable material management for all industries. Beginning on Nov. 15, you can sign up on the EPA website https://www.epa.gov/americarecycles to support or lead actions in EPA's National Recycling Strategy. EPA’s Office of Resource Conservation and Recovery within the Office of Land and Emergency Management has created a guidance document with strategic recycling actions your organization can implement.
Environmental and sustainable business strategies
Check out EPA"s P2 Resources for Business webpage to learn more about environmental and sustainable business strategies. A new two-page flyer has examples of how your company can be environmentally friendly and save money!
Host companies apply now for a Summer 2022 P2 Intern!
Funded through EPA P2 grant, the PPI P2 Intern Program is a nonregulatory, technical program designed to link Kansas business and industry with Kansas engineering and environmental sciences students. Any company located in Kansas, regardless of employee numbers, can apply for an intern that will work with your company for 10 weeks on projects you identify as priority sustainability projects. Our online application is open through Jan. 31, 2022. For questions, or to speak with the P2 Intern Coordinator about the program, please contact us at 800-578-8898 or email us at KSU-PPI@KSU.EDU.
Upcoming P2 Events
- PPI will be hosting a college course on Industrial Sustainability This course can be taken for credit, non-credit and is free to industry professionals or can be taken for professional development credits for $300. The class will be held at the Unger Complex, Classroom T320, 2323 Anderson Ave, Manhattan, KS 66502 and will meet on the following dates and times:
- Jan 05, 2022 from 09:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Jan 07, 2022 from 09:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Jan 10, 2022 from 09:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Jan 12, 2022 from 09:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Course attendance virtually will also be made available to professionals with travel or obligation obstacles.
- On January 21, 2022, PPI will be hosting a FREE webinar focusing on pollution prevention in metal fabrication and finishing . Please see our events page to register for this event!
We know you are busy and may have missed the 2021 Intern Symposium that was held on Sept. 10, 2021. But you didn't! We recorded the presentations and they are now available on our Case Summaries page. Check out the P2 strategies identified by the source reduction interns this summer. Do you need assistance with identifying source reduction or P2 strategies for your business? Contact us!
To learn more about our P2 intern program and how you can be a host company or an intern in 2022, please check out our P2 Intern Program page.