SBEAP provides technical assistance regarding general NPDES permit requirements for the discharge of stormwater and process wastewater from ready-mix concrete plants and associated facilities. SBEAP provides guidance on basic steps to confirm applicability and compliance with the KDHE industrial stormwater program and regulations. SBEAP also works with numerous small manufacturing facilities both on site and via the environmental hotline. To ask a question or request assistance, contact us at 800-578-8898 or email@example.com.
Kansas SBEAP can provide assistance to RMC Facilities with the following:
- Notice of Intent (NOI) Paperwork
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWP2 Plans)
- Sampling Assistance and Troubleshooting
- Discharge Quality Issues Assistance
- Discharge Lagoon Testing and Upgrade Consultation
Specific information regarding the Kansas Ready Mixed Concrete General NPDES Permit can be found at Kansas Department of Health and Environment Bureau of Water webpage.
Most industry sectors are required to file for a general stormwater permit to improve the quality of stormwater runoff associated with industrial activities subject to federal Clean Water Act provisions or Kansas surface water quality standards. The general stormwater permit regulates discharges of stormwater runoff from certain types of industrial activities subject to the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit requirements.
- End of the line: The facts on stormwater for salvage Yards
- The facts on stormwater for salvage Yards including regulations, pollutant sources, and how to create an appropriate stormwater pollution prevention plan (SWPPP).
- Industrial Stormwater General Permit
- Most industry sectors are required to file for a general stormwater permit. This guidance provides the basic steps to determine permit applicability and resources for permit applications.