Compliance Initiative for Kansas Non-discharging Ready-Mix Concrete Industry has been completed
SBEAP and KDHE BOW have completed the initiative and the 2022 Ready-Mix Concrete and Concrete Products Plants General NPDES Permit has been issued. Please visit https://www.kdhe.ks.gov/1056/Technical-Services to find a copy of this permit as well other associated documents. Additionally, the PowerPoint presentation below was assembled by SBEAP and KDHE at the conclusion of the initiative. Any questions about the report or the initiative can contact KDHE at 785-296-2856 or SBEAP at 800-578-8898.
Kansas SBEAP can provide assistance to RMC facilities with the following:
- Notice of Intent (NOI) Paperwork
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWP2 Plans)
- Sampling Assistance and Troubleshooting
- Discharge Quality Issues Assistance
- Discharge Lagoon Testing and Upgrade Consultation
Specific information regarding the Kansas Ready-Mix Concrete General NPDES Permit can be found at Kansas Department of Health and Environment Bureau of Water webpage.